Community Choice Aggregation – Coming Soon!
Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) is expected to be approved by the New York State Public Service Commission in early 2016.
Local government leaders will soon have the opportunity to:
- Aggregate all residential consumers for better pricing (consumers can “opt out” if they want)
- Eliminate predatory broker/supplier behavior, enhance consumer protection
- Set community energy priorities, efficiency, renewables, and more
- Set up competitive bidding for residential energy options
- Option to fund energy planning and enhancements
- Save money for the local economy
- Contribute to grid stability and reliability
MEGA services will include professional support for the development of Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) programs, including:
- Help elected officials plan and set priorities
- Facilitate communities joining together to increase market power
- Coordinate energy usage information, competitive bidding
- Assess proposals, assure value for customers/community
- Monitor supplier performance, utility cooperation
- Monitor and advise on regulatory developments
Learn more by reviewing our FAQs, compiled from a series of meetings with municipalities.
If you have additional questions on CCA or would like to receive updates on the NYSPSC’s actions and final ruling please contact CCA Project Lead, Louise Gava at 315-714-9695 or email@example.com.